[siteorigin_widget class="SiteOrigin_Widget_Slider_Widget"][/siteorigin_widget]

[logoshowcase cat_id="11"]

Weekend Recap

March 1 – Terriers and Blizzard in High Stakes Battle

In the FIRST PERIOD, Ashton Fishley scored the opening goal for the Terriers, while 17 Quincy Supprien equalized for the Blizzard on a power play with only seconds left in the period. Penalties added drama, with both teams facing hooking infractions. The period ended in a 1-1 tie, setting the stage for an intense remainder of the game.

The SECOND PERIOD was packed with action.  8 Adam Belzil wasted no time, finding the back of the net with 17:27 left.  Just 20 seconds later at 17:03, 14 Reeve Sukut adds one to the board with his 6th of the year. 11 Riley See joined the party, burying a shot at 16:31. Three goals in less than a minute – talk about taking the lead! With such an offensive explosion from the Blizzard, the Terriers made a change in net for the remainder of the game.

As the THIRD PERIOD unfolded, the Blizzard maintained their intensity. At 9:29, Sebastian Hamming sealed the deal with another PP goal. The Terriers fought back, desperate to narrow the gap and adding a Short-Handed goal, but the Blizzard’s defence held firm.

Tomas Anderson, the Blizzard’s all-star goaltender, faced a barrage of shots, turning away 34 of 37 attempts by the end of the game. The Blizzard outshot the Terriers, peppering their net with 41 shots. The Terriers fought hard, but the Blizzard’s relentless attack proved to be too much. As the final buzzer sounded, the scoreboard read Blizzard 5, Terriers 3.

March 2 – Blizzard Take the Freeze

The Blizzard faced off against the Winnipeg Freeze at The Roy H in The Pas, Manitoba. The Blizzard entered the game with confidence but caution, having won all three of their previous encounters against the Freeze. No game is to be taken lightly.

The FIRST PERIOD saw Quincy Supprien wasting no time, scoring the opening goal near the end of the period with only 3:13 remaining,  assisted by Sebastian Hamming and Riley See. The Blizzard dominated the shots on goal, firing 25 shots compared to the Freeze’s mere 7.

Into the SECOND PERIOD, the Blizzard’s momentum carried on in the offence and defence.  21 Ethan Bibeau found the back of the net with 13:02 left, marking his 5th goal. 37 Griffin Ayotte picked up the Blizzard’s third goal of the night at 4:02. The team’s defensive efforts limited the Freeze to just 4 shots on goal during this period.

The THIRD PERIOD remained scoreless, with the Blizzard maintaining their lead. The defence, led by goaltender Loic Morin, held firm. Both teams managed 7 shots on goal, but the Blizzard’s discipline and strategic play secured the victory.

The Blizzard showcased a controlled performance, outshooting their opponents 48 to 18. Morin’s 17 saves were crucial, and the team’s penalty minutes remained in check. With key players stepping up, the Blizzard secured a well-deserved win, continuing their heater to 10 games. The game finished with a score of 3-1 for the Blizzard.